5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair to Easily Remove Dog’s Shed Hair
Do you think your dog is a fur factory?
Since we love our hairy pets, let’s deal with the drawbacks of shedding.
Other breeds will leave their hair all over the house. Think about how much your dog sheds, not all pet owners really need a special vacuum for their dog’s hair. If you have a large dog with a thick coat, odds are he sheds a lot, and you constantly need to clean after him, investing in the best vacuum for pet hair will be well worth it.
Not all vacuums are the same. Pet hair requires a specific type of equipment that has features specifically designed for effectively sucking up all shed leftovers. The best vacuum for pet hair will have high-powered suction and will usually come with special attachments to remove hair from upholstery, carpet, stairs and all the crannies in the house.
|Pet Hair Vacuum||Price||Quality||Rating|
|Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner||$$$$||A+||4.4/5|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional||$$$||A||4.6/5|
|BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum||$$||B||4.3/5|
|Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum||$$||B-||4.3/5|
|Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum||$$||C||4.2/5|
* Click on the pet hair vacuum for more information and prices. Alternatively, scroll down below for more details
Let us help you decide the right hair vacuum to buy.
TOP 5: Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
1 Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Using cutting-edge technology, boasts of a unique technique that enhances airflows to provide maximum suction power, Dyson’s lightweight but durable DC41 Animal Complete vacuum cleaner is designed for powerful removal of all-around dirt, allergens, and pet hair.
With its mini turbine head and high-reach wand that extends up to 5 times its length, it can easily suck up ground-in dirt and hair in hard-to-reach or confined spaces, furniture, stairs, or inside the car.
It also features a cleaning head that self-adjusts automatically to create maximum contact with any floor type, eliminating air leaks and maintaining suction power. Steering is very smooth, with easy maneuverability around obstacles or into tight spaces. Customers are impressed with this product’s high performance and application of superior technologies. They also appreciate the extra tools that come with it.
There is a combination tool with a debris nozzle which converts into a brush tool for dusting, a tangle-free turbine tool with counter-rotating heads that trap and release hair straight into the bin without tangling.
- has a transparent bin that lets the user see when it needs emptying
- High-reach wand that extends up to 5 times its length
- Features a cleaning head that self-adjusts automatically to create maximum contact with any floor type
- Some say this best vacuum for pet hair lacks storage space for all the attachments that come with it
2 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
Enhanced control and maneuverability in tight spots due to its powerful Swivel Steering, this is a vacuum for pet hair from SharkNinja.
Buyers of this product find it very cost-effective. They are surprised at how much dirt the thing can suck.
Available in two models at different prices; the Standard Brush Roll (this article’s subject) and the Premium Brush Roll. At 14 pounds, it is lightweight and comes with a unique dust cup bare-floor attachment and a reusable microfiber pad for fast and easy cleaning on hard floors throughout the house.
Comparing it to pricier brands, they say that they get just about the same performance at a third of the price. The pet hair Turbo Brush works superbly in cleaning not just pet hair but dust and dirt from floors, carpets, and other surfaces. Consumers found the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional highly practical and beneficial especially for those with family members who are sensitive to dog hair and other allergens.
- innovative anti-allergen technology that can suck up nearly 100% of dirt and allergens, including pollen, molds, and bacteria
- Weighs just 14 pounds
- Extra-long power cord
- Equipped with Swivel Steering for added control and maneuverability
- some buyers complained that this best vacuum for pet hair doesn’t work well around edges
- Others stated that the canister tips over easily when the attachments are in use
3 Bissel PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum
Engineered for hard floor types, yet still, packs a lot of suction power and finesse with its V-Shaped Technology! This is Bissel’s PowerEdge Pet Stick Vacuum. It extracts dirt and minute particles from hard floors with V-shaped wipers – no separate attachment or brush roll needed.
Wipers made of hair-attracting rubber materials that help to trap more pet hair because while its swivel head allows easy cleaning in tight spaces and around baseboards and furniture legs. It comes with a 20-foot power cord. This vacuum cleaner is a favorite not only in homes but in pet clinics and grooming centers as well.
It got rid of hair, dirt, dust, toe nail clippings, and bits and pieces. Working moms and pet owners were very happy to finally find an aid in maintaining a cleaner home even with the furry family members. They say that the Bissel PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum really sucks, in a good way. Unlike most other vacuums they’ve tried, which didn’t get all the dirt and hair and even got clogged up every so often.
- maneuverability and high-powered suction ability
- Specifically engineered for hard floor types
- V-shaped technology uses wipers on each side to push minute particles and pet hair into the path of suction
- Wipers trap more pet hair because they’re made of hair-attracting rubber materials
- Some complaints were made about the length of the 20-foot cord
- One reviewer noted that the dirt canister is too small
4 Bissel Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The handheld version of Bissel, a pet hair cleaner that performs nearly as great as its full-sized upright models. It is crafted with the same technology, execution, and level of durability. This handheld cleaner is lightweight and portable, and convenient for picking up pet hair anywhere around the house or car interiors.
This best vacuum for pet hair comes with two specially designed nozzles: a flexible rubber contour nozzle that attracts pet hair and removes dust and dirt from stairs and furniture, and a hard nozzle for cleaning dry litter. It uses the Cyclonic Cleaning System, with a multi-layer filtration for a quicker clean up.
Buyers are awed by the brute suction power of this little machine. The two specially designed nozzles work perfectly on furniture and surfaces that have corners. Most buyers have had this for several years and they attest to its durability and effectiveness. They never had problems with the Bissel Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Handheld Vacuum, and they found no need to replace it. They say that it could be noisy, though. With such power packed in a small size, noise is probably a minor trade off.
- lightweight and portable yet durable
- Crafted with the same technology, execution, and level of durability as the brand’s upright models
- Equipped with a Cyclonic Cleaning System that uses a multi-layer filtration for quicker clean up
- Many users complained about the noise of this best vacuum for pet hair
5 Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum
Powerful cleaning quality. This is Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum.
This best vacuum for pet hair is lightweight at 4.8 pounds, but it packs a lot of power and more than enough features to make pet hair cleaning a breeze and without stress. This product from Eureka also cleans carpeted stairs, upholstery, furniture, and car interiors.
It comes with a sturdy 20-foot cord that can be wrapped around the unit for proper storage after clean up. Along with it, there’s a crevice tool that can be attached to the end of the deluxe hose that stretches nearly up to three times its length for an easy reach in tight areas.
Customers agree that the Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum is truly powerful and easy to use. They say the filter makes a really airtight seal, and the dust container is very easy to empty. Buyers also comment that the revolving brush increases its cleaning ability. Cleaning carpeted stairs has become easier, safer, and more thorough with this product compared to other means of cleaning.
- driven by two separate motors – one to provide power to the revolving brush and the other for stronger suction
- Weighs only 4.8 pounds
- 20-foot cord can be wrapped around the base of the unit for easy storage
- Deluxe hose stretches 3X its length
- One buyer noted that this best vacuum for pet hair is a bit heavy for her liking and wishes it could pack the same sucking power in a smaller model
Shedding is normal, especially on selected breeds, but living with pet hair all over the house is not. The availability of vacuums specifically designed for cleaning pet hair shedding is something that pet owners owe from technology.